- 26 March Official visit to Croatia by Mr. Abdelkader Messahel, Minister of Foreign Affairs. Signature of the cultural cooperation agreement between the Algerian and the Croatian Governments.
- 6 November Participation of Mr. Mourad Halis, Vice-President of the National People's Assembly in the Parliamentary Conference on “strengthening democratic security in the Mediterranean: common challenges, shared responsibility”, in Dubrovnik.
- 18-20 December Participation of the Grand Mufti of Zagreb, Aziz Hasanović, in the National Holy Quran Week in Algiers.
- 20-21 January Working visit in Algeria by Mr. Joško Klisović, Deputy Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Republic of Croatia, within the framework of the holding of the 1st session of political consultations at the level of the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the two countries.
- 4-8 March Visit to Algeria of the Grand Mufti of Zagreb, Ševko Omerbašić.
- 17-19 February Visit to Zagreb of Mr. Abdelkader Bensalah, President of the Council of Nation, as Representative of the President of the Republic, to the investiture ceremony of the elected President of the Republic of Croatia, Mr. Ivo Josipović.
- 18-19 December Official visit to Croatia by Mr. Mourad Medelci, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- 6 October Opening of the Embassy of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria in Zagreb.
- 19-21 September Working visit to Croatia by Mr. Mustafa Benbada, Minister of SMEs and Handicrafts.
- 23 November Visit to Algiers by Mr. Budimir Lončar, Special Envoy of the President of the Republic of Croatia.
- 24 April Recognition of the Republic of Croatia by the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria.
- 15 October Establishment of diplomatic relations between the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria and the Republic of Croatia.
- 10 December Opening of the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in Algiers.